Monday, February 07, 2005

My path to becoming a 'true' Entrepreneur.

My path to becoming a 'true' Entrepreneur.

I read a quote by Guy Kawasaki in a recent Entrepreneur Magazine that really inspired me, or perhaps it was a slap in the face, in that I find that I fall in to the three things that he mentioned that do not properly represent true entrepreneurship.

The quote was this:

“…Doing, not wanting to do, learning to do, or planning to do, is the essence of entrepreneurship.”

With that quote prodding me on, I finally got the start of a web page posted. It was a favor that I’ve been promising to do for some one for a long time. It sounds like a little thing, but I was surprised at how many times I needed to put my mind back on the track of actually doing, instead of engaging in planning to do, or learning to do last night.

It is a start, I’ll soon have a schedule posted that firmly establishes the time to do. During that time, I will not engage in learning to do, or planning to do, or wishful wanting to do. I will be fully engaged in the DOING part.

Wade Hone